Saturday, September 20, 2008

Marketing via Social Networking

I have recently been bitten by the social networking bug. I have been using Black Planet, sporadically, for the last ten years or more. It was one of the first sites I joined when I started using the Internet. The other site morphed into AOL Black Voices which is nothing like the the original site so I am no longer involved with that one. Lately I have joined Facebook and Tagged. These are fun and I have met a lot of wonderful people, one who directed me to Zen Zuu, a social network that pays members with revenues from advertisers for doing what you do on social networks. To earn this money members must log on at least 30 times in a month and invite friends to join. I was also introduced to Yuwie, another social networking site that pays it's members with a portion of advertising revenue. There is one more that I recently joined and although I haven't been involved long enough to make any money, they appear to be very serious. When you join, you sign up a debit card which is used to pay you. It's really quite neat. They are called 6dgr.com I have also started my own social network on Ning called 101 Internet Marketing, which is free to join and network but does not pay it's members, it is a place for novices and pros alike to share information and expertise as well as their business opportunities to learn and promote from and to each other. These sites provide a couple of opportunities to generate income. 1. They will pay you (with the exception of Internet Marketing) , 2. you can build relationships and share your business with friends, and 3. You can purchase ad space and market yourself to the entire network. This is a win win situation. I really like this way of doing business. Not only do you make money but you have fun doing it and you build lasting growing relationships. Let' face it, most people would rather do business with someone they know and / or trust. If you haven't thought about using this medium, perhaps you should give it a try. After all, what do you have to lose? In this day and time, I think we should all be striving to find other income streams and this could very well be an easy and fun one to generate.


Priced out of the Pay-Per-Click Market? Try MIVA.




Yahoo! Search Marketing

No comments: